RVO offers placement for interns who are interested to work with community base micro-finance agencies aimed at helping the finances of local traders/ community small scale businesses to grow and to reduce community poverty.
This community micro-finance uses mobile-bankers to reach out to customers daily.
Volunteer main responsibilities:
As an Intern at the Micro-Finance you would be expected to work alongside experts Conduct research and analyses the growth patterns of beneficiary businesses
RVO Volunteers will be involved
- Provide business advice to beneficiaries through translation by the programs Ghanaian staffs.
- Discuss programme ideas and implementation with Micro-Finance Director
- Write about the project and research case studies for publication in the media
- Research different funding and grant opportunities that the organization could apply to in order to help the beneficiaries in different forms and not only in giving them loans.
- Draft grant applications based on research and give these for review by Micro-Finance Director before submitting
- Research potential strategic partners for the programme